Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Ed "Rock and Roll" Pritchard Dies at 57

Pritchard worked for Saga in Springfield. He was a staple of WQQL radio. He spent more than 30 years in Springfield radio, beginning his career at WMAY, WNNS and finally WQQL. Saga Communications Executive Vice President Steven Goldstein said "Ed was the consummate oldies jock.  Enthusiastic every day.  He lived the music, had an encyclopedic knowledge of it (that was the #2 song of 1968?) and above all, loved The Beatles."

WQQL Program Director Dave Daniels said, "Yesterday, we lost a good friend, and a long time veteran here at Cool 101.9. I must tell you that when I hung up the phone after receiving the news, my 9-year-old said this; ?Dad! Remember when Ed got me that train one Christmas? And remember when he got me that singing penquin? And remember that other gift?? That was Ed. Those that knew him well knew he had a big heart."



View the original article here