Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Former WLW-AM Host Dale Sommers Dead At 68

8-26-2012

Bruce Dale Sommers, also known as "The Truckin Bozo" has died. He was 68. Sommers worked overnights at WLW-AM in Cincinatti for 20 years from 1984-2004. He was in a hospice in Florida at the time of his death. He retired in 2004 due to poor health but reappeared on SiriusXM's Open Road Channel. That show ended earlier this year. His funeral will be September 8 in Mason, Ohio. A fan page has been set up on Facebook with more information.

http://www.facebook.com/westside98591#!/groups/432500376801919/

(8/26/2012 9:27:22 PM)
Bozo was a friend of mine as I listened to him often. He helped me and my son get home from Columbia, Mo. one night in Jan, of 1985 when it was freezing cold. We had taken my daughter to College in the freezing cold weather and we had had an awful time getting the car to start. I was afraid to turn it off to fill it with gas. He was like a friend keeping me company so I would make it back to Urbana, Oh. safely with my son. He will be greatly missed and I'm thankful for his son to carry on. Thank

Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here