Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

(AUDIO) Charlotte Media Buyer Loves Radio

Download this show

9-9-2012

Nancy Haynes is a media buyer in Charlotte, North Carolina. If all media buyers loved radio the way Haynes loves radio, 7 percent of the advertising pie would be nothing more than a distant spec in radio's rearview mirror. In this week's sales meeting podcast, Haynes gives specific client success stories using radio. She talks about how she tracks R.O.I. for her clients. She details how she uses radio, what she thinks about radio station streams, and what she would do if a Pandora rep came knocking on her door. Most importantly, Haynes says if radio were to lose half of its entire audience, it would still be a better buy than Internet radio. Are you that confident when you call on a client? Note to radio's Top 40: Nancy has a very unique idea to help educate the next generation about radio. And, she's willing to lead the charge.

Listen to our Sales Meeting Podcast HERE
Reach out to Nancy HERE

(9/10/2012 8:37:38 PM)
Hello Ed and all! Ed, I was not criticizing your article here. BTW, Radio Ink in my opinion does a great job. I was just distinguishing "the internet" as a whole, with all the major publishers on there, versus internet radio. ...And on the subject of (terrestial) radio versus internet radio...it becomes even more of an interesting conversation, when you consider that major players like Clear Channel and CBS keep pushing their internet streams very aggressively, on their terrestial products.
(9/10/2012 8:23:31 PM)
I don't have a website touting my broadcast training. Nor do I have one promoting my individual coaching. Anybody who is suitably motivated to talk to me can call or write. Last I checked, meanwhile, I had a pretty good idea of what century I was experiencing. That was a cheap shot, Kathy.
(9/10/2012 7:00:11 PM)
The business that this woman works for does not even have a web site. It is no wonder why she likes radio so much. She is not living in the 21 century.
(9/10/2012 12:53:17 PM)
C'mon you guys. If you take the headline in the context of who we are, what we write about and what she says, I think it's clear what I meant by the headline.

Thanks
Ed

(9/10/2012 11:53:11 AM)
Radio better than the internet? Sometimes, maybe and depends. There are many contexts where radio would be not only better than the webber-net, but the absolute best buy of any medium. It's up to us to a.) make that clear. and, b.) provide the audience and commercial product to demonstrate the capacity of radio.

Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here