Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jobs Resigns As Apple CEO

Apple CEO Steve Jobs has resigned, requesting that the company follow its succession plan and put Tim Cook in the CEO slot in his place.``I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come,'' he said in a brief letter announcing his resignation. The 55-year-old CEO had briefly emerged from his medical leave in March to unveil the latest version of the iPad and later to attend a dinner hosted by President Obama for technology leaders in Silicon Valley.

Jobs wrote, "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come." Jobs says he would like to stay on as the board's chairman and an "Apple employee." He recommends that the company execute its succession plan and promote COO Tim Cook to CEO. Jobs' letter continues, "I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role."

Jobs, an Apple co-founder, is a pancreatic cancer survivor and has been on medical leave since January.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here