Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2012

Loved Pittsburgh DJ Ted Atkins Dies of Cancer

7-20-2012

Charlie Kendall told Radio Ink last night, "Ted Atkins was the finest Program Director I've ever known. He is the biggest influence on how I tried to program later in my career. He was a coach, friend, motivator and mentor. My professional and personal life are richer for having been blessed to work with him for so many years. I am happy that he is free of pain. And I'm trying to get over my pain at his loss. I am one of the lucky ones who worked closely with Captain Showbiz. It is a unique and wonderful experience. God bless Ted and thank you, God, for letting me share so much time with this remarkable man.

Atkins began his radio career at KLAK in Denver in 1957. He had stops in Kansas City, Denver, Detroit's legendary CKLW, KFRC San Francisco and KHJ Los Angeles working for Bill Drake.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here