Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dahl Not Attending His Own Hall Induction

10-25-13

Robert Feder writes Steve Dahl has decided to stay home from the November 9th ceremony that will induct him and his former partner Garry Meier at the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago. Dahl told Feder, ?I wanted no part of it until Greg Solk told me he got roped into inducting us. He said he didn?t want to do it if I wasn?t there, so I called Garry and left him a voicemail. I said it might be fun, but only if we did something together. He never returned my call."

Dahl says he then asked WGN GM Jimmy de Castro to check into it. "It?s been two weeks and even Jim has been unable to prevail. They used a shit picture of me, I?d have to buy a $5,000 table for my family, and they want to approve my 90-second acceptance speech. All of that combined with my general disinterest in the proceedings has made me anxious to stay home and listen to Garry explain how he got there ? and why ? in his allotted minute and a half. ?Maybe I?ll buy an ad in the program to promote my podcast.?

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here