Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tom Joyner Makes Big Offer

7-16-13

Tuesday morning, syndicated radio host Tom Joyner offered Rachel Jeantel a full ride to college. Jeantell was on the phone with Trayvon Martin the night he was killed. She took the witness stand during the trial and was interviewed on CNN this week. Joyner was moved to help. "Rachel, here's my offer to you. If you want to graduate from high school and go to an HBCU (historically black colleges and universities) -- even if it's not in Florida but especially Florida -- if you want to do that, I want to help you do that."

(7/17/2013 8:37:43 AM)
I think that Tom Joyner is writing the check. I think that with this woman's new found fame, she may not safely be embraced at a majority white university. I think that you don't know anything about HBCUs or black people. I also think that your comment was so inflammatory that you didn't have the guts to use your real name.
(7/17/2013 7:08:54 AM)
Only Historically Black Universities? Why is that? Is there a problem with schools that were not specifically black? Is this racist? I wonder if there were such a term white people would use...I believe there would be quite an outrage. Just wondering. What do you think?

Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here