Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Clinton Snaps At NPR Host During Interview

6-12-14

While being interviewed on Fresh Air by host Terry Gross, Hillary Clinton, who most believe will be running for president in 2016, got very testy with the host when she was pressed on her views about same-sex marriage. ABC News reports Gross asked Clinton multiple times whether the reason she now publicly supports the issue was because her own position changed from the 1990s or because the U.S. public?s had shifted. ?You know I really, I have to say, I think you?re being very persistent, but you are playing with my words and playing with what is such an important issue." And there was more.

Gross shot back, ?I?m just trying to clarify so I can understand." And Clinton responded, ?No. I don?t think you are trying to clarify. I think you are trying to say that I used to be opposed and now I am in favor and I did it for political reasons. And that?s just flat wrong. So let me just state what I feel like I think you are implying and repudiate it. I have a strong record. I have a great commitment to this issue and I am proud of what I?ve done and the progress we're making.?

(6/12/2014 9:21:16 PM)
"... and of course I did it for political reasons."

Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here