Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2011

MIW Spotlight - Dial-Global's Eileen Decker

June 23, 2011

The 2011 Radio Ink Most Influential Women in Radio issue is now out and its packed with stories and features from women who are having great success in all aspects of radio. Eileen Decker is one of those women. Decker is the President of Sales for Dial-Global. Dial-Global offers formats, prep, programming, jingles & imaging as well as national advertising sales representation in some form to over 6,000 stations. Decker's responsibilities run deep at Dial. She has 35 people reporting to her and is responsible for Dial's ad sales revenue goals, ad sales representation and revenue for 70 producer partners. She also evaluates potential new business opportunities to grow the Dial-Global footprint in the marketplace and evaluates new processes and technologies to improve business and maintain and grow both current and potential client relationships. Sounds like a very busy day. Today's MIW spotlight is on Eileen Decker.

What's the day like for Eileen Decker? 

Hectic , but in a very good way.  I have a 2 hour commute so I use that time to read all daily trades before getting into the office.  I'm involved in all the day to day aspects and details of sales so that's non-stop communicating with various departments, Sales, Research, Traffic and Marketing. Weekly, sometimes daily management strategy sessions take place to keep up with demands and opportunities that present themselves and make sense for the continued growth of our company.

How have you gotten to this point in your career, where you have the kind of impact to influence others. What were the driving forces to get you here? 
I?m very fortunate to have worked for and beside many women over the years who were leaders in their field and I incorporated the lessons I learned from them along with my own style and ideals to come up with what I believe is a winning combination. The driving forces are my desire to be the best I can be at everything I do and have fun along the way.

Did you ever think you were going to be doing what you are doing?  

No, not to the level I am currently at.  I started at JWT, moved into the spot department negotiating both local TV and Radio but found myself more passionate about radio and then discovered the world of Network Radio working at DMM with clients like General Motors and AB.  David Landau gave me my first sales job at USRN in the '80, we were eventually bought by WW1, David and I parted until the purchase of Global Media where I

was NY Sales Manager and the rest of my career advancements have been achieved with the support of the management of Dial Global.

Your company has been on quite a role. In your time there, describe what that has been like. 

There is an energy and common goal unlike any other place I've worked.  The management cares as much about the employees as they do about the business. Every person has a role in our successes and are acknowledged and rewarded for their contribution.

What accomplishments in the future would you like to achieve, both personally and professionally? 

Professionally - to make a difference in the lives of the people I work with, provide leadership and be a role model to those just beginning their career in radio. Personally - enjoy the love and respect of my Father, sisters, children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren and extended family for many, many years to come.

How do you balance work and personal?

I'm very fortunate to have a husband and family that are supportive and respectful of my professional responsibilities and work for people who are supportive and respective of my personal responsibilities. 

What do you do to constantly improve yourself? 

Mainly listen - there are many lessons to be learned from those around me - some lessons learned are what not to do and other lessons of betterment are learned.  I'm always open to new and different ideas and stay aware and investigate new and emerging aspects of everything around me. 

What book are you reading now?

SEAL Team Six

Congratulate Eileen Decker HERE for being one of Radio's Most Influential Women.

To read more from the 2011 Most Influential Women in Radio subscribe to Radio Ink Magazine by clicking here or calling 561-655-8778

(6/24/2011 8:54:17 AM)
Eileen is incredibly deserving of this award. She is uniquely talented and clearly one of the hardest working women in broadcasting. One of Eileens best traits that was overlooked is her ever present sense of humor. She is a very funny lady. Eileen congratulations, i am honored to have been your colleague and client. You are amazing. Cris

Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here