Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

John Rosso Leaves Cumulus

October 31, 2011: The industry shakeups continue as John Rosso exits the Cumulus network. Rosso had come over with the network when it was with Citadel and he told Radio Ink last night the split with Cumulus was amicable. "We are parting friends and I look forward to working with Cumulus in the future." Rosso was at the network since 1995 when it was still with ABC. Mike Pallad and Dennis Green will most likely get added responsibilities with the network.

Rosso sent a note out to his co-workers. Here it is. "Over the past two years, I have watched this team write a terrific turnaround story. Today, our division has become profitable and is now poised for significant growth. That growth comes as a result of all your hard work to reinvent our product and streamline the business. I?m writing to congratulate you on this success, but also to let you know that I?ll be leaving my role as President of the network effective today. Cumulus has a very strong organization in place to operate the network and to maximize its future success. In addition, John Dickey and I have discussed having me consult on some projects, and I look forward to that possibility. I?m proud of our accomplishments together. It's been my pleasure to work with you (with some for 16 years!) and learn from you. Thanks for everything."

Rosso was named Citadel Media Networks president in 2009, coming over from the SVP post at Citadel Interactive. Before that he was with Citadel Media predecessor ABC Radio Networks in various roles, including SVP/Affiliate Relations and VP/Operations, and prior to that he was SVP/Digital Media for Walt Disney Co.'s ABC Radio division.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here