Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Radio Reacts to Losing a Dear Friend

11-18-13

Radio Ink Publisher Eric Rhoads said of his friend Ron Ruth, "I first met Ron in 1975 when I went to work at WQAM. He was passionate about radio and devoted his life to the industry. I have fond memories of being on stage together and bantering like a morning show team during our Radio Wayne awards. Everyone loves Ron and he will be missed." Radio Advertising Bureau President and CEO Erica Farber added this is very difficult for so many people.

Farber said, "Ron had an incredible career and absolutely loved the business and the people in it.  For the last twenty five years he has been an integral part of the senior management team at the RAB and literally up until the day he died was discussing plans for the remainder of the year.  He played a large role in influencing me to join the RAB team. I am honored to have called him a mentor, a colleague and most important a true friend.  Although Ron has physically left us, he has left an indelible impression on all of us in his extended radio family.?

Former Radio Advertising Bureau EVP/Marketing under former RAB CEO Gary Fries, Judy Carlough added, "I am heartsick. When will I ever have a guy in my life again who could insult my golf swing yet help me improve it at the same time?  And make me love him for it? Ron left us last night but is in excellent company today, since I'm certain he sweet-talked his way past St. Peter and is hanging out with so many others who loved him like we do.  That includes his one-time room mate George Carlin whose comedy routine included this gem:  "People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point. I don't think Ron EVER missed that point. God Bless our good friend."

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here