Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Remembering That Day

It's an over-used cliche whenever a big event happens, however in the case of September 11th, 2001 its' certainly true for every one of us. We all remember exactly what we were doing, where we were standing and how we reacted when it was clear we were being attacked. We reached out to many of you now that 10 years has gone by. 10 years. Hard to believe it's already been a decade. Clear Channel's Bob Pittman was out of the country when he heard the news. Here are his thoughts.

"The morning of September 11, 2001 I was in a minivan in Corsica. My assistant called me as we were getting into the van to tell me a plane had hit the World Trade Center, and during the ride from the windward side of the island to the leeward side we listened to French talk radio, with my French mother-in-law and wife translating for me as the story unfolded.  When we reached the other side of the island we were greeted by sympathetic and supportive locals who had never met us. Although we as a country had just lost our innocence, and had been shocked into a new, frightening era, I had seen a wonderful side of humanity from these locals. That spirit of spontaneous giving and support outshone the heinous and barbaric violence?giving me a renewed sense of hope, even though I was thousands of miles from home."

What were you doing on September 11th? E-mail edryan@radioink.com or leave comments below.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here