Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New York DJ Brian Carter Dies Suddenly

4-22-2012

Apparently Carter died of a heart attack. Staff at the station did not notice anything out of the ordinary on Saturday. Dillard says Carter will be missed. "He was also a great teacher. I often had newbies sit in with him first. Our staffers are in shock. I learned so much from him. You couldn't spend 5 minutes with him and not learn something."

Carter was partnered with Dave Sanborn on Power 99 in Philadelphia from 1987 to 1999 and on WDAS-FM in 2006. Sanborn said in a Power 99 statement that he is "Devastated beyond words at the loss of Brian Carter, the best radio partner on the planet and most importantly one of my dearest friends. I send my heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones.?

(4/22/2012 10:48:34 PM)
I recently heard John Records Landecker mention Brian on his show. I immediately sent Brian a text saying: “You killed me. I ran off the road and am now dead.”

You see, I worked with Brian @ WBSB in Baltimore from about ‘87-‘89 and again @ XM from 07-’09.

Every time he saw me he would imitate B104 P.D. Steve Kingston and do a fake death take saying: “You’re killin’ me” or “I’m dead”. VERY funny…and ironic.

A very funny and one of the genuinely nice guys. I’ll miss him.

J. R. Russ
Movie Ticket Radio.com


Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here