Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Newsman Bob Melrose Retires From KCBS

4-24-2012 


Melrose tells MercuryNews.com that after 36 years the 61 year old has called it quits. The paper says, trying to get into radio, Melrose sent out 250 typed resumes to stations all along the West Coast and got all rejection letters. He would take a short-lived on-air job as a DJ job but it was KCBS managing editor Richard Hart who called Melrose and made his dreams come true. "Nobody ever believes this, but when I came back to Vallejo, I put my suitcase on the bed and asked myself, 'Well, what are you going to do now?' and the phone rang," Melrose told the paper. "I told him I could be there in two hours. Hart said, 'No, come tomorrow.'


Melrose says "I'm addicted to news. I was addicted in college, and nothing's changed," Melrose said. "I will still listen to the radio and I will still read the Contra Costa Times and the San Francisco Chronicle everyday. Read the entire article about Melrose at MercuryNews.com HERE


Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here