Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Longtime Tampa Talent Dick Ring Retires.

4-24-2012

After 32 years of waking up listeners in Tampa Bay, ?With a Ring In Their Ear,? WDUV heritage morning radio host Dick Ring has announced his retirement. His last day on the air will be this Friday, April 27. Ring said, "I'm truly a blessed man. I've enjoyed a career spanning over five decades doing what I love. The Dove has been my home for well over 30 years of that time. Arriving at the decision to leave hasn't been easy, but Joyce and I look forward to spending more time at our new home in North Carolina while we're still favored with good health. Will I miss it? You bet!"

More than 30 uninterrupted years on the air in the radio industry is unique, if not unheard of. The personality stepping in to take over the reins at WDUV is another radio industry veteran, Ann Kelly, currently heard on sister-station WWRM (Magic 94-9), in Afternoon Drive. Ann?s first day on WDUV will be Monday, April 30. Both stations are owned by Cox.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here