Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Report: Perkins Out At WBZ

11-30-14

The Boston Globe is reporting that CBS Radio fired Sam Perkins two weeks ago for reasons that were unclear. Perkins, who had been at the station since 2001 and took over as the morning sports anchor in 2009 when Gil Santos retired, told The Globe the decision was mutual. "I had been thinking about it since our clock changed and the sports role was greatly reduced. I was given 70-90 seconds for my sportscasts. In a market that supports two full-time sports-talk stations it was discouraging. But that is the direction the station wanted to go in. Luckily for me, the news anchors managed to find me another 20 or 30 seconds most times, but that often left them fighting the clock for Traffic on the 3's. When I heard some other opportunities might be developing in the market, I thought the time was right to make a move."



View the original article here