You always have the choice to be like everyone else. You can always fit in. You can always go along. But why not break out?
Here are five ways you can break out in your social media and find new fans, grow your influence, and enjoy more of your life ?in radio?:
1. Focus your visuals on fun, entertainment, and a unique perspective. Giving a unique perspective on the entertaining side of your business will give listeners a happy-to-waste-time enjoyment of your content. This will pay dividends.
2. Focus your text content on sharing things that make people who share your social media smart; focus on funny content and truly be more interested in others. Twisting things until the focus is on how they make others look good will go a long way in helping break your content out in the open and hitting home runs in social media.
3. Look at your competitors and others in the industry, but don?t shoot to be ?like them.? You break out when you focus on being unique. You can even find unique ways to do what your competitors are doing right?but make it different.
4. Spend time validating others instead of pushing out content. In other words, be seen enjoying the content of others and make it clear that you appreciate their point of view and their social-media presence.
5. Spark listener content responding to you. Make your social media about engaging the opinions of the important people in your market: listeners.
I know that life in 2014 is work, work, work. It is almost always more complicated than others think. Maybe you?re not appreciated as much as you should be. You may not love who you work for today. You may be doing too many jobs, but your job is important and you can share your passions with people, engage in helping people in your community, and entertaining people on-air while you engage them on ?their ground? in social media. Break out. Why not?
Go enjoy it. Make it your goal to break out in local social media by being?you. It can pay off more than you think.
Loyd Ford is the digital revenue, direct marketing, ratings and social media strategist for Rainmaker Pathway and Americalist Direct Marketing. Loyd has programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, and WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Get his radio-social media content sent directly to your smart phone or email for free here: www.rainmakerpathway.wordpress.com. Reach out to Loyd via e-mail HERE. Visit his Facebook radio social media page HERE.
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend