Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 28, 2014

KGO's Ron Owens has Parkinson's

8-25-14

Owen's tells the San Francisco Chronicle the news was a total shock. "I thought, 'Well, my life's over.' I was calm about it, but all I knew was that Parkinson's was this horrible disease, it was a progressive disease, there's no cure for it. What I didn't know was that you can manage it." The 68 year old, who's been hosting for nearly 40 years, was diagnosed in 2001 and he decided to go public after it was reported that the late Robin Williams also had Parkinson's. "I felt it was important to tell people that you can have it like I have for 12 1/2 years and not be severely impacted by it. It's possible, and it's not a death sentence." Picture courtesy San Francisco Chronicle.

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here