We?re heading into the holidays. Way off? Nope. It?s coming very rapidly. Just drop in to almost any store. You?d think Christmas was already here.
Are you prepared to be ?in the moment? with your listeners? What can you do in your social media to relate to your listeners? Social media is not new. People are still people and they need help for the holidays.
1. Can you relate to the fact that a lot of listeners (especially women) will feel the pressure of mom coming over to her house and being critical of a variety of things in her home for Thanksgiving?
2. Can you put together a campaign designed to give listeners an opportunity to ?earn? a free house-cleaning before Thanksgiving?
3. Are there opportunities to share with listeners travel tips that can make packing up the family for a trip to see family easier, less costly, more fun?
4. Can you feature special holiday recipes for a wide variety of traditional and alternative foods so that people already thinking about both of the big holidays coming up will become engaged with your station and personalities because these things will be on their minds as we roll into late November?
5. Can your personalities do video demonstrations revolving around how to make ?your holidays? more fun, easier, better for the entire family?
6. What about supplying a list of ways/resources to make the house ready for the holidays?
The point is this: Social media can be very helpful to listeners. It is a great way to win engagement with listeners and cultivate opportunities for your on-air brand. And do I have to mention there is huge potential to build revenue into these things so that you are contributing to the bottom line as you are serving both listeners and clients?
Happy Holidays. They?ll be here before you know it.
Loyd Ford is the digital revenue, direct marketing, ratings, and social media strategist for Rainmaker Pathway and Americalist Direct Marketing. Loyd has programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, and WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte, and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Get his radio-social media content sent directly to your smart phone or email for free here: www.rainmakerpathway.wordpress.com. Reach out to Loyd via e-mail HERE. Visit his Facebook radio social media page HERE.
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend