Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Cowherd Comments Force Early Departure





Cowherd Comments Force Early Departure
Jul 24th 2015, 20:40
ESPN Radio has dropped Cowherd before his planned departure on July 31 after derogatory comments he made about baseball players from The Dominican Republic. On Thursday, Cowherd questioned those who say baseball is complex by saying: "Like I've never bought into that, 'Baseball's just too complex.' Really? A third of the sport is from the Dominican Republic." At first, ESPN said the comments were "inappropriate." Later in the day he was gone and this statement was issued by ESPN, "Colin Cowherd's comments over the past two days do not reflect the values of ESPN or our employees. Colin will no longer appear on ESPN." Cowherd is expected to move to Fox Sports 1 later this year. The question is will this affect his new gig. His apology followed. "I did not intend to offend anyone w my comments. I realize my choice of words was poor and not reflective of who I am. I am sorry."