Greenville/New Bern Market Manager Bruce Simel tells Radio Ink an electrical fire started in the WNCT-AM transmitter room. "It heated up the room enough that a water PVC pipe right above the fire burst open and all but put the fire out. The water even drained out of the building and not onto equipment. Simel said that was the good news. The bad news was how the heat, soot, and smoke from the smoldering fire went everywhere in the building, including getting sucked into a bunch of the equipment, the computers, transmitters, processors, control boards, and office equipment. Simel says the station was off the air for a few hours and several engineers were working over the weekend to get everything back to normal. Nobody was injured.