Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Monday, January 5, 2015

Jim Rome Catches Flack Over Tweet


1-3-2015
More proof that even pros behind a mic can get themselves in trouble with Twitter. Rome's Twitter account was on fire after the host called college marching band members "dorks."
On New Year?s Day, while the College Football Playoff Bowl Games were in full swing, Rome wrote on Twitter: "Is there anyone not in a marching band who thinks those dorks running around with their instruments are cool?"  The backlash from the tweet was so intense that the tweet was later deleted from Rome's account.
The CBS Sports Radio host later apologized on Twitter saying, "Band nation -- I hear you. I was out of line. I apologize. I do not condone bullying of any kind and that was not my intent."
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend

View the original article here