Everyone back to school. Everyone back to work. Fall concerts on deck. Business focused on finishing the year strong and kicking off a better 2015. Can life really be moving this fast? If you want to take advantage of that, you will focus on what the listeners you most want to attract find important rolling into fall. That means in social media as well as in your on-air product.
1. Open up your social media by exploding the visuals in what you do on Facebook, Twitter, and other chosen social media ?lanes.? Use rich photos and visual content focused on the fall thoughts of your listeners.
2. Spend time watching local listeners who are influencers of others. What is their activity like on Facebook? What are the local trends on Twitter with these people? Zero-in on your targets by getting close to what the people you most want to attract are attracted to in social media.
3. Think about what makes your morning show, your radio station, and your business famous in your market. Take advantage of those things by making them an important part of your overall social media, but this only means that when you talk about you, that you focus only on the primary messages of your fame. Otherwise, you should be focused on listeners and those you most want to attract.
4. Use hashtags and unique content to connect so that your fame multiplies, but make sure you do this without dominating your conversations with stories only about yourself. It?s tempting to go ?wild west? and ?run and gun? your social media, but having a specific content strategy that focuses your content on listeners and prospective listeners can keep you on course. Do this (focus a written content strategy on listeners-first) and you will grow participation with the listeners you want to influence in the now.
5. Bring more passion groups into your social media by selecting local meaningful causes and taking opportunities to engage passion groups to become your cheerleader because you take a stand with them on causes they are passionate about now.
You can make more progress than you think if you lay out a plan with your team, execute directly off of your written content strategy, and use the above five steps to get in the conversation with important local listeners and community.
Have fun, be authentic and sincere, and enjoy higher success with your local social media this fall.
Loyd Ford is the direct marketing, ratings and social media strategist for Americalist Direct Marketing and has programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, and WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Get his radio-social media content sent directly to your smart phone or email for free here: www.rainmakerpathway.wordpress.com. Reach out to Loyd via e-mail HERE. Visit his Facebook radio social media page HERE.
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend