Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Barry Young Retiring From KFYI Phoenix

9-19-14

After nearly three decades with Newstalk 550 KFYI Phoenix, morning man Barry Young (pictured left) will retire in November. Young started on KFYI on April 27, 1987 as an on-air talent and PD. He said, ?Being a part of KFYI's growth and development from a new renegade start-up Talk radio station into one of America's great and mature heritage radio stations has been both a wonderful challenge and delight. It has been an incredible privilege to be an integral part of all this and to be a part of the day-to-day lives of so many thousands of our listeners, our neighbors, all across Arizona. Although I am retiring from a day-to-day Talk radio program, my heart will always be in broadcasting and at KFYI. I know that I will miss being on the air more than I can express, but I know I leave KFYI and all of our listeners in good hands.?

Listeners, friends, co-workers, and clients will have the chance to say goodbye to Young at the Barry Young Celebrity Roast in late October. Barry?s final day as a full-time show host will be November 7. Afternoon driver Mike Broomhead will take over mornings. Broomhead has spent five years hosting on KFYI and has added national duties on Glenn Beck?s Blaze Network.

Broomhead said, ?Barry Young is a legend in this business and will someday soon be in the Arizona Broadcasting Hall of Fame. It has been an honor to work with and learn from him. I'm looking forward to hosting mornings. I want to talk about the issues that concern all of us and find solutions that are best for Arizona. I?m not always right, but I always want what is best.? PD Neil Larrimore added, ?Mike is a superstar who has worked hard to earn this opportunity. He's a great host, but even more so, he's a good man. We?re so excited to move him into mornings at Newstalk 550 KFYI."

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here