Getting your attitude right is something that simply must be done from time to time. I need it. You need it. We all need it in today?s busy world. In radio and in social media. Here?s a checkup.
1. Are you ?dialed to positive?? Is your attitude set on ?I am a winner?? Do you have any daily affirmations and do your social media posts represent a positive view of your personalities, radio station, activities, and events? If not, you need a checkup, right? Being positive is so much more than wanting to be positive and listeners picking up on your approach.
2. Are you reflecting positive content in your social media that focuses on the true target of your radio station and gives them positive reasons to use your station? If not, you should spend some time dialing in that target and making sure your team is ?on point.?
3. Do you use positive photos and videos about your community, your format stars and other assets designed to boost the positive ?vibe? of your radio station? This may seem simple, but you might be shocked to go through a 30-day cycle of posts from your station and see how you are doing. A little critical review and a reset could be responsible for much higher results in fall 2014.
4. Are up prepared to positively stand up for things in your market that need a higher profile? Listeners can tell if you are being authentic. Choosing a charity or even non-profit that needs more help in your market can make you look like and be a hero. Again, make sure you align with your radio station?s target audience (the people you most want to attract).
5. Make sure you are positive about listener?s lives. No, that?s not a question. It is simply stating that your social media content strategy should be focused on listeners and validation of them should be a part of your everyday process.
You have an opportunity right now as you read these words. Choose to look at your social media content and decide if you are being a positive influence. If you are, great. If you are not, you can change it. It doesn?t take much. Having a social media content strategy for your individual radio stations is important because you can truly connect, validate, and influence high-passion listeners through social media.
Be the winner in your cluster when it comes to making the most out of your social media opportunity. If you don?t have an actual social media content strategy, you should develop one. If you need help, call someone. Research. Ask me. There is help out there and you will love the results.
Loyd Ford is the digital revenue, direct marketing, ratings, and social media strategist for Rainmaker Pathway and Americalist Direct Marketing. Loyd has programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, and WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte, and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Get his radio-social media content sent directly to your smart phone or email for free here: www.rainmakerpathway.wordpress.com. Reach out to Loyd via e-mail HERE. Visit his Facebook radio social media page HERE.
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend