Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2014

Magee Steps Down At Fox. No Replacement Announced.

7-31-14

Fox Business Network confirmed to Radio Ink last night that Fox News Radio Executive Vice President Kevin Magee (pictured) announced his departure Thursday in an email to staff (see below). The position has not been filled at this time, we were only told that management is reviewing the situation. Magee has overseen the day-to-day operations of FBN since its inception and been with Fox since 2001. He has also worked for CNBC and Good Morning America. Here's the Magee note to the Fox staff:

I?m writing you today to tell you that I am leaving Fox Business and Fox News Radio. I?ve been thinking this over for a while now and it was a difficult decision to reach.
It?s impossible to overstate how wonderful my stay here has been in every possible way, but mostly because I got to work with the most professional, hardest-working and smartest group of people in the business. And, boy, did we have fun.
And then there?s Roger Ailes who allowed me incredible opportunities over the last 13+ years, first at Fox News, and later at both Fox Business and Fox News Radio. He has been so understanding over the last few weeks as I discussed my plans for the future with him. Thank you, Roger.
As for that future, there will be more for me, but nothing I am prepared to announce today. I?m going to take a week or so to clean up some things. I hope to see many of you personally to thank you.
Kevin

Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here