Social media tricks. That's what people tend to want to know. How do you cut the time, work, and commitment to accomplish more with their social media? Unfortunately, I am that guy who always stresses that you look at the behavior of people and invest in authenticity and relationships. The fastest and best way to show that you care is to actually care.
There's always new technology, but I recommend that you focus your content on being "real" with the people that matter to your station, your growth, and your social media connectivity. Here are a few tips on forming your thinking in the areas that can be very productive for your authenticity.
1. Be friendly, engage and invite listeners to give their opinions.
2. Validate the people you most want to have relationship with in social media, on your site and on-air. Look for opportunities to show you notice them, care about them.
3. Follow-up on the Facebook wall of the people you want to encourage and develop a relationship with for your brand.
4. Post video that reflects more than just interesting content. Make sure it is targeted to the people you most want to attract.
5. Be willing to support "passion causes" they are involved with and reflect that on-air, on the Web, and in social media.
6. Connect with their friends on social media and validate them with their friends. This can go a powerful long way to growing closeness that matters.
I will always encourage you to use the latest technology and to learn more about using the tools that become available to you, but never miss the power of being real. Develop the skill of seeming vulnerable, authentic, and engaged in the actual lives of listeners and you will always be a winner.
Loyd Ford is the digital revenue, direct marketing, ratings and social media strategist for Rainmaker Pathway and Americalist Direct Marketing. Loyd has programmed very successful radio brands in markets of all sizes, including KRMD AM & FM in Shreveport, and WSSL and WMYI in Greenville, WKKT in Charlotte and WBEE in Rochester, NY. Learn more about Loyd here: http://about.me/loydford. Get his radio-social media content sent directly to your smart phone or email for free here: www.rainmakerpathway.wordpress.com.
Add a Comment Send This Story To A Friend