Google Search

eobot

Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2015

GM Dave Widmer Exits Connoisseur/Long Island

2-26-2015

Widmer reached out to Radio Ink on Thursday, to say that after 17 years leading radio stations 1100 WHLI-AM, WKJY (K98.3), WBZO (B103), WWSK (94.3 The Shark), and most recently WALK 97.5, he is leaving his position as general manager/Long Island market manager.

Widmer says, "I am proud of the legacy and success that my team and I built over the last 17 years and our contribution to the community of Long Island. I wish them nothing but continued success in the future. Their passion and commitment to excellence has been inspirational and I will miss working with them all." Continuing, Widmer notes, "I have been privileged to have worked with so many Long Island community and business leaders over the years, and together we have accomplished so much. I'm looking forward to continuing that partnership of success with all of my friends and colleagues."

Widmer says that he will continue in his position as vice-chairman of radio for New York State Broadcasters Association.

(2/27/2015 9:56:32 AM)
Dave is one of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with. He's tough but fair and always asked about my kids - even though I was the vendor and he was the client. Also, he's funny as hell. He was a visionary with YourLi.com (long before Groupon was invented) and is a tremendously hard worker. Good luck wherever he decides to land.

Paul


Add a Comment | View All Comments Send This Story To A Friend


View the original article here